APP LIKE(“LIKE”) is an intermediary developed by BIGO TECHNOLOGY PTE. LTD.(“BIGO”) for users of this application to share recorded short videos of their wonderful moments of life(the “Service”). LIKE respects intellectual property and has adopted a general policy regarding copyright in accordance with the Copyright Act (Parliamentary Legislation, Chapter 63, Revised Edition 2006) of The Republic of Singapore.
To make use of LIKE’s Service, You, as a user, shall ensure that you have the rights to upload to LIKE any content under applicable law of your residence and such content shall not infringe the rights of any third parties and such content shall not violate any applicable laws and/or regulations.
LIKE reserves the right, with or without notice, at any time and in our sole discretion to block access to and/or terminate the accounts of any user who infringes any copyrights or other intellectual property rights.
This Policy sets out how BIGO responds to alleged copyright infringements on APP LIKE
Copyright Violation Notification Process
If a person believes that his or her (its) copyright-protected work was posted on LIKE’s site or app, or otherwise hosted by LIKE, without authorization, he or she may submit a copyright infringement notification. The notification must include the following information:
1. An email address, physical address or phone number so that BIGO and the uploader (the “user”) of the work can reach to the copyright owner.
2. A clear and complete description of the work that you believe has been infringed.
3. The URL or other identifying location of the allegedly infringing work.
4. A statement that the copyright owner has a good faith belief that use of the work in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law.
5. A statement made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and in the case of agency that a representative is authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
6. The physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or an authorized representative of the copyright owner. To satisfy this requirement, full legal name (not that of a company) at the bottom of your notification is required.
Submit the above information to us:
All information submitted in the copyright infringement notification (including your name, address, phone and email address) may be forwarded to you who posted the allegedly infringing work in question.
If BIGO receives a valid notification of alleged copyright infringement (the “Notification”), BIGO will take reasonable steps to contact the user that uploaded to APP LIKE the relevant allegedly infringing material (the "Material"); and the user may then submit a valid counter-notification in relation to the Notification (the "Counter-Notification"). During the process, BIGO would remove the infringing work or disable access to the work in question until the dispute is resolved.
Please note that BIGO may provide copies of any Notifications or Counter-Notifications to any person where required by law or as otherwise reasonably required by us to protect our interests.
A counter-notification must include the following information of the user,
1. The contact information, including full legal name (not that of a company), an email address, a physical address, and a phone number. An authorized representative of the user such as an attorney shall specify the relationship between the representatives and represented.
2. Identify the location, including any URL, of the work that has been removed or disabled.
3. The User shall agree to and include the following statement: "I consent to the jurisdiction of the Singapore courts for the district in which my address is located, or if my address is outside of Singapore, the judicial district in which LIKE is located, and will accept service of process from the claimant." And the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the work was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the work to be removed or disabled."
4. The physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or an authorized representative of the copyright owner. To satisfy this requirement, the user shall type his or her full legal name (not that of a company) at the bottom of the electronic counter-notification.
Submit the above information to us:
The counter-notification process may take up to 10 business days to complete, so please be patient. During this time, the copyright claimant may file an action seeking a court order to keep the content down. Please note that BIGO will forward the entire counter notice to the copyright claimant, including any personal information the user provides and the counter-notification may be made public. The claimant may use this information to file a lawsuit against the user.
The decision to re-post any work is at LIKE’s sole discretion.
Either the copyright claimant or the user(the alleged infringer), please think twice before submitting a copyright infringement notification or counter-notice, especially if you are unsure whether you are the actual rights holder or authorized to act on a rights holder’s behalf. There are legal and financial consequences for fraudulent and/or bad faith submissions. Please be sure that you are the actual rights holder, or that you have a good faith belief that the work was removed in error, and that you understand the repercussions of submitting a false claim.